Welcome to my Blog

I am a semi-retired former Scottish trade union policy wonk, now working on a range of projects. This includes the Director of the Jimmy Reid Foundation. All views are my own, not any of the organisations I work with. You can also follow me on Twitter. Or on Threads @davewatson1683. I hope you find this blog interesting and I would welcome your comments.

Thursday 20 May 2010

Chris Bartter

We held a leaving presentation for UNISON Scotland's retiring Communications Officer, Chris Bartter yesterday.

Chris is a well known face, not just in UNISON, but across Scotland in the media and public affairs world. He has worked for UNISON for 21 years and before that was a leading activist in one of UNISON's partner unions.

Union communications have come a long way since Chris started work with us. In those days there was a nervousness about communicating with members, let alone with the wider world. Today we have a range of journals, web sites and bulletins using every available media. Not to mention a high media profile. Chris has been a key driver in delivering these changes and he will be sorely missed.

However, not entirely lost to the movement as comrades with Chris's principles and values will always be there to fight the corner of those who need us most.

No comments:

Post a Comment